PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY
OPERR TECHNOLOGIES, INC. USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Operr Technologies, Inc. collects information about Users and Base Partners (collectively “Users”) when they use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. If you reside in the United States, the Services are provided by Operr Technologies, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates (collectively “Operr Technologies, Inc.”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by Operr Technologies, Inc.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services to request transportation, delivery, or other on-demand services (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about drivers, couriers, partner transportation companies, or any other persons who use the Operr Technologies, Inc. platform under license (collectively “Drivers”). However, the restrictions acknowledged by Operr Technologies, Inc. apply to all partner bases that work with Operr Technologies, Inc. pursuant to this Agreement. If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Driver, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information provided directly to us by Users, such as when they create or modify their account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH USE OF OUR SERVICES
When Users use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When Users use the Services for transportation or delivery, we collect precise location data about the trip from the Operr Technologies, Inc. App used by the Driver. If Users permit the Operr Technologies, Inc. App to access location services through the permission system used by Operr Technologies, Inc.’s mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of the User’s device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from the User’s IP address.
- Contacts Information: If the User permits the Operr Technologies, Inc. App to access the address book on their device through the permission system used by their mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from their address book (for the purpose of facilitating social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection).
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to Users’ use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses the User’s promo code, we may associate their name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about Users’ mobile devices, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When a User interacts with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service the User was using before interacting with our Services.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without a User’s consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining the User’s consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Operr Technologies, Inc. App wants permission to access certain types of data and will let a User consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify the User of the permissions that the Operr Technologies, Inc. App seeks before the User first uses the app, and the User’s use of the app constitutes their consent.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If a User chooses to link to their Operr Technologies, Inc. account with a payment provider (e.g., Braintree sandbox) or if the User engages with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use, e.g. Twillio or Parse), we may receive information about the User or their connections from that site or app.
- If a User also interacts with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Driver or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from that User in that specific capacity as a User or rider.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about Users to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services our Users request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between our Users and your Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between our Users and contact of theirs at their direction in connection with their use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split fare requests, or ETA sharing;
- Send our Users communications we think will be of interest to them, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Operr Technologies, Inc. and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which our Users reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect Users’ personal information in accordance with this Statement.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about Users as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share Users’ information:
- With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services our Users request. For example, we share a User’s name, photo (if you provide one), and pickup and/or drop-off locations with other Drivers;
- With third parties to provide Users a service they requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if a User submits content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With Operr Technologies, Inc. subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe a User’s actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Operr Technologies, Inc. or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify a User and that User consents to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify Users.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let Users share actions they take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Use of such features enables the sharing of information between Users and their friends or the public, depending on the settings they establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data Users provide to or share through them.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Users may correct their account information at any time by logging into their online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at www.operr.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about Users as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if a User has a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe the User has committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting that User’s information.
Operr Technologies, Inc. will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from a User’s device per the permission system used by that User’s mobile operating system. If the User initially permits the collection of this information that User can later disable it by changing the location settings on their mobile device. However, this will limit that User’s ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from a User’s device will not limit our ability to collect that User’s trip location information from a Driver’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from that User’s IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from Users’ devices per the permission system used by their mobile operating system. If a User initially permits the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on that User’s mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
Users may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If a User opts out, we may still send that User non-promotional communications, such as those about that User’s account, about Services they have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat Users’ personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide Users notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. A User’s continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes their consent to the changes. We encourage Users to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please email us at www.operr.com or contact us at Operr Technologies, Inc., 130-30 31st Avenue, Ste. 801, Flushing, NY 11354.